Monday, June 28, 2010

IMATS 2010




So it's been a little over a week since I last posted and sooo many things have happened since then. I started summer school last week and taking way more than a full load (13 units) and 7 is considered a full load during summer. Lakers WON! Like I always thought they would, I was bummed out though when I didn't get to go to the parade last Monday because that was my first day of school :(. Anywho, another huge thing happened over the past weekend and that was IMATS!!!
IMATS stands for the International Make-up Artist trade show and it is an event that is sponsered by Make-up Magazine. It is a yearly event that takes places around various spots in the United States as well as England, Canada and Australia. This weekend it took place in Southern California in the city of Pasadena. I have never been to the convention before and I have always wanted to go considering the fact that not only do I love make-up but I wanted a chance to hang out with on of my besties. So off to the show we went. We left Sunday morning like around 8 and got there like around 10 because we got lost like 5,394 times. Let me tell you, the google maps app on my phone was having us drive around crazy. Anyway when we finally made it we got to skip the HUGE line and pick up our tickets at will call.
As we entered the room my heart just fluttered. There were make-up brushes, airbrush systems, glitter, hair extensions....just about everything imaginable that had to do with the make-up industry. We went a few rounds around the floor and I picked up a few brushes, some items from the NYX booth and an airbrush compressor along with some airbrush foundation.
My main reason for going to the show was to find an airbrush compressor that I could add to my kit. I researched for weeks on what compressor I wanted, but I couldn't decide. Finally I ended up purchasing the dinair airbrush compressor and with it came five foundation shades of my selected colors which fell into the "fair" category. I also bought some additional airbrush foundations from graftobian because they were having an awesome sale on their airbrush make-up and they're new HD foundations which coordinate with each other. I decided it was a smart purchase because both Graftobian and Dinair have a water-base for their airbrush make-up foundations and I know that if I decide to use the Graftobian airbrush make-up in my Dinair compressor that it wouldn't damage it.
After buying my goodies, we left to get a bite to eat at Rubio's and we were going to go home but we decided to do one more round at the show. So back we went and when we got there they were doing the judging on the student competitions. It was amazing to see all of the effort that goes into creating special effect makeup. After the show, we walked around a little more and then we went back home.
Yesterday was an amazing day. I had the chance to touch, feel and smell many hot new products and it also gave me some ideas as to what I should add to my make-up kit. Slowly, I am building it up and hopefully soon I can test all these great products out on more than just my friends and family. Well that's all for now, I have a lot I need to get done today...homework, catching up on reading and all this needs to be done before I go to work. Smooches!

Here's a few pics from yesteday :)! Enjoy!


A girl getting some "ink" done


One of the many artists painting her model

Awesome airbrushing

Zombie in progress


Another one of the lovely models showing off the artwork

Sorry there were not more pictures. I got too excited to remember to take any of the products. I can't wait for next year!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That looks so much fun! I want to go to IMATS next year..FINGERSCROSSED :)

    ReplyDelete